Friday, April 19, 2013

Diet Drinks Are Terrible For You Unless You Want To Be Skinny


 

                So, as I was losing weight this time around, I was definitely warned several times about the dangers of diet soda drinking.  Oh, it has awful chemicals in it that you can’t pronounce.  The chemicals will make you want to drink more (I think that is because they taste good).  The chemicals will make you want to eat more (I think that is because you are dieting).

                However, I am here to tell you, there were several times then (while I was losing weight) and now, where I am really close to going over the edge and giving up the whole shebang.  (This whole weight loss thing is not for people who love food).  The only thing that saved me was a little something sweet.  My options were candy bars, fruit, cereal, or diet drink.  I know fruit should have been my choice.  And, it was most of the time.  But, sometimes, I chose the diet drink.  As I have mentioned before, it actually tasted good to me now.  So good, that it took care of that deep level urge to snack on something.

                So, for me, the problems with diet soda are like anything else.  If I am drinking it in excess 4 times a day, it is a problem.  However, if I am drinking it from time to time at dinner, or to curb a snack attack temptation, I think it will be ok.
               If you don’t like the taste of diet soda, drink more water.  Eventually diet soda will taste like a precious sweet elixir.  Also, try out the newly packaged “10” sodas with just 10 calories each.  I think there are Sunkist, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, variations.  And, Coke Zero definitely tastes better than Diet Coke, if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment