Friday, April 12, 2013

What Skinny People Eat For Breakfast Every Day. I Mean, Every Day.


               


                I used to have 2 and 3 bowls of cereal for breakfast every day.  Big Bowls.  Not the recommended ¾ of a cup serving size bowls.  We are talking at least 2-3 cups of cereal in each bowl! 

                I can still remember hearing a podcaster say that he thought cereal was the bane of humanity.  He was on a health kick, and he was giving up cereal.  I thought not only was cereal NOT the bane of humanity, it was actually a miracle food.  What other food tastes so good and is prepared so quick?  I dare you to find another.

                When I say I ate cereal every day, I mean at a minimum I ate cereal every day.  Usually, it was more like 2 bowls 2-3 times a day.  I was a cereal lover.  No incredibly fattening bowl of ice cream available in the evening?  No problem.  In fact it is cause for celebration because I got Honey Grahams!!!

                Then I began to diet.  My love affair with cereal was ended, and as a massive temptation, it did become the new bane of my humanity.   It still calls me late at night from the dark corners of the pantry. 

                Now, yes, I do love cereal with all my heart.  It was my first love.  But, I have broken my addiction with cereal, and have found a new more mature love.  Eggs!  2 eggs, fried, sunny side up with garlic salt on top, to be exact.  I honestly cannot say I like my eggs as much as I liked, no loved, my cereal.  However, I went from eating 500 – 1000 calories at every breakfast, to a measly 186 calories.  That means cereal was 4 to 5 times as bad for me as my eggs are.  So, the big question is, was the cereal worth the extra calories?  Was the cereal really 4 to 5 times as good as my yummy eggs?  Nope.  Sometimes the cereal was twice as good.  I can admit that.  But, I do not know that I can say they were ever 5 times as good. 

                KEEPING THIN TIP:  It doesn’t have to be eggs.  But, I promise you, there is something better for you than cereal.  And, there is something out there that is at least almost as good as cereal to you.  You just have to experiment.  But, no matter what, put down the Lucky Charms.     

1 comment:

  1. Now this here is going to be a challenge. I love cereal as well. I am good at keeping it to one bowl.

    At one point I used to just do veggies shakes in the morning because I do not have the time sometimes to prep breakfast.

    You got me thinking. I am going to try some new things for breakfast and stop being lazy. Make time for a good start to my day.

    ReplyDelete