Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Skinny People Know That Gross Healthy Food Changes


 

                I happen to believe that God gave us French fries to have a piece of heaven we could ingest.  I LOVE FRENCH FRIES!   I think my passion has become greater for them ever since I began this weight loss journey.  However, if you have been doing this weight loss thing for a little while, like me, you quickly realized French fries were not going to work so hot at keeping you thin. 

                This is the best solution I have come up with: Sweet potato fries!  Now, no worries, I am a purist.  I like my fries to be French.  When I tasted sweet potatoes every time in the past, I always turned my nose up at them.  But, once you begin doing strange things with your eating habits (changing them) you will notice you begin to not just appreciate new foods, but enjoy them.  This was my experience with sweet potato fries.  What before was a poor substitute for food crack became a treat I craved.  I LOVE SWEET POTATOES NOW!            

                This same process exactly played out with real and diet soda.  What was pretty vile diet soda  before has become something tasty I treat myself with on special occasions. 

                When you change your eating habits, your taste buds change too.   They seem to become much more sensitive.  Go back and try previous “good for you” foods that you hated.  You may just find you like them, now.   

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe you sound like me. I love love love french fries XD

    You are right we as people do need to except and learn changed eating habits. My hubby has been telling me this for years but it is easier said than done.

    Let's keep fighting the good fight.

    ReplyDelete