Friday, April 12, 2013

Why I am Writing This Blog


    To me, it is astounding that 95 percent of people that lose weight gain it back. I decided to write this blog because I am doing my best to be in the 5 percent of people who are successful at keeping the weight off once they have lost it. I have tried twice before and completely failed!  Believe me, it is a daily struggle. 
     The past two times I have tried to remain in the 5 percent, I had worked really hard and was successful in losing over thirty pounds. Both times it took several months to accomplish the goal. Then, within about 1 or two months I had gained it all back. So, I became very interested in the idea of what it took to maintain the weight loss after it was already lost. 
     So, here I am again. After several months of pushing myself, I have now lost 40lbs. I am not perfectly fit, trim, and muscle bound, but I am pretty happy with my current weight (205 lbs at 6'4"). It remains to be seen what will happen next! My hope is that this blog will explore what it is like to struggle with remaining in the 5 percent of people that can actually keep the weight off.   Who knows, maybe I'll be one of them when it is all said and done:)

No comments:

Post a Comment